Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chance's Birthday

I didn't expect too much from Chance's birthday because it was just us and my mom and Bentley's birthday celebration went like this:


He did not like all the attention on him and refused to even try his cake. Chance, however, loves attention and inherited my love for all things sweet. He completely destroyed his cake before even trying a bite, and then decided to eat some of it. Paul is not a big fan of the "smash cake" idea and says whoever came up with it must not have had to clean up the mess. A month later I am still finding dried up frosting in random places.





He didn't understand the concept of presents, but Bentley didn't mind opening them. They both share a love of giraffes. Chance's squinty-eyed laugh makes us all smile.



My grandma always gave my sister and I a gift on the other's birthday so we wouldn't feel left out. My mom is carrying on this tradition and gave Bentley this dinosaur. It never leaves his side, day or night.


Here are Chance's monthly pictures (I didn't get the stickers until he was almost 2 months old):

















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the handprint embroidery idea! Sounds super cute. :D

    ReplyDelete