Saturday, June 14, 2008

7 Months

Bentley had his check-up the other day. He is 17 lbs 2.8 oz and 26 1/4 in long. He is pretty much staying in the 25th percentile. He is trying very hard to crawl, and is doing everything else he should be doing for his age. He's finally settling into a predictable sleeping pattern, but it's not really a good pattern. He goes to bed at 7:30 and falls asleep very easily, but he wakes up every night at 10:00 and will not go back to sleep until I bring him into bed with me. I always said I would never have him sleeping with me, but I have done what everyone said would happen and have brought him in there just so I could get some sleep. I have also said that I would never allow him to "cry it out." Well, last night he had to, by accident. In my sleep I turned the monitor off, only to wake up frantically at 2:30 thinking something had happened to him. I realized the monitor was off and he was sleeping safe and sound. I felt so bad I couldn't fall back asleep for another hour. I have no idea how long he cried. He slept until 5:30 though, ate, and went back to sleep until 6:30 which is his normal wake up time. So tonight we are going to do it again, if I can handle it. I know I slept better not having to worry if I was covering his face with the blanket and being able to roll over.

It is already over 100 degrees here and we have no a/c. We have a swamp cooler which just puts moisture into the air and can cool it up to 20 degrees, but that means it is still around 80 or so inside. It is going to be a very long summer.

He tries to crawl...


But he does a push up instead.

Eating a banana, kind of.

He somehow always finds a way over to his toy basket and dumps it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment