Monday, July 28, 2008

Bentley's First Swim

I took Bentley swimming the other day for the first time. He wasn't really sure what to think. He kicked and splashed for a little while, and then my sister scared him. She jumped off the diving board and came up right in front of him. He didn't like it one bit. After that he was scared of any water splashing. It was fun though. He floated around, and I held him some of the time. He refuses to keep a hat or sunglasses on, but he enjoyed playing with mine. We are planning on going several more times before we leave.

The day before we went, my sister and I were reminiscing about when she was younger and swam almost every day and her hair would turn green. She told me that if you just wet it with tap water before you swim it won't do that. Well, she didn't take her own advice. After about an hour, my dad pointed out that Erin's hair was looking a bit lime greenish. She freaked out and it just kept getting worse and worse. I got a good laugh. Don't worry though, lemon juice took it right out, but not before I got a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment